You never get a second chance to make first impression. Don’t waste your first impression. Keep your powder dry until you are vetted and ready. The correct strategy coupled with the correct short list of the ten ideal investors will raise more money, at better terms and much faster… spray and pray is counter productive.
As former Investment Bankers, technologists and serial entrepreneurs we can save you months. We help create a proven fundraising plan click here.
The Art of Due Diligence here is a sample list of some of the documents that may be required for review:
- All employee handbooks, manuals, policies, etc.
- Any collective bargaining or union/labor contracts
- Commission contracts or agreements
- Company handbook(s)
- Company newsletters, magazines, etc.
- Consulting agreements in effect, including all details
- Documentation for past litigation or ongoing lawsuits
- Employee benefits documentation and detail
- Employee lists by location, region, department, etc.
- Employee surveys and results
- Incentive policies and programs
- Job descriptions and pay schedules
- Non-compete, confidentiality or NDA agreements in force
- Occupational Safety and Health Assessments or other regulatory documents
- Organizational and reporting charts
- Past and current performance reviews
- Profiles of key staff, operators or directors
- Retirement plan information, liability and performance
- Salary and bonus information
- Sales contracts
- “Work for hire” contracts, including all details
- Worker’s compensation claims, details and history
The COSTAR framework guides our due diligence process, refines our strategic thinking, teases out threats and identifies business opportunities frequently missed by less rigorous approaches.
The success of our process depends on working through six aspects of value creation, identified by the acronym: COSTAR. The framework guides our due diligence process, refines our strategic thinking, teases out threats and identifies business opportunities frequently missed by less rigorous approaches.
Customer Opportunity Solution Team Advantage and Result
We act as independent validators of your business opportunity. We ensure all projects have investment grade business plan. As former Investment Bankers and serial entrepreneurs we know what can happen if you start fundraising before you are vetted and ready. We provide rapid go to market fundraising using proven methods.
Startup-Miami is a business consultancy & accelerator program serving the needs of entrepreneurs and investors in Miami FL. We do this by coaching, consulting, training and investing in client companies.
Want to discuss your project click here
Telephone: 305-Start Up (305-782-7887)
2013 Copyright © Miami Innovation Corporation and StartUp-Miami., 2013 Copyright © Miami Innovation Center for Entrepreneurship, Inc.